I am a penny pincher, except when it comes to spoiling my kids. You know things like baby gates for our 3 flights of stairs and a tramp, because I had one growing up. Ok I'm off topic, but you get the picture. I don't want to fork out tons of money for curtains. We have moved so much that the window shapes have changed as well. Rewind back 6 years to a basement apartment and a newlywed couple. I made happy yellow curtains and some brown luscious curtains. They worked out great. Move and move some more and I used the curtains again and again. We bought some on clearance at wal-mart because the windows were long and thin. Move and move some more and we are to the present. The Brown curtains were hung again in the bedroom. It looked like a belly shirt that was 10 sizes to big on our window. And the yellow Curtains in the dining area were the same way and also very sun faded I took the plunge and bought fabric. It was happy fabric that spoke to me. You look away from it and it says you can't leave this store without me. Well I didn't. The same thing happened with a different fabric the next time I shopped there. After a month of sitting I decided to make my curtains. They are awesome. Just a quick stitch on four sides and you have a beautiful transformation. I am not much of a sewing expert, but I was pretty impressed with how strait my lines came. So take the plunge all new curtains are almost like getting a haircut. It feels good, makes the room lighter and very beautiful.

.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment