Sunday, August 25, 2013

Blog time! Amazing how time flies and blogging hasn't happened!

Hi all!  I didn't crawl in a hole like a hermit, although sometimes it would be tempting.  We are alive and kickin.  Also crafting and doing projects. A fun project I just finished (well it's 90% done)  is our bench.  It used to sit under the kitchen window.  Mind you it didn't get sat upon, but held our flour, bread flour, sugar, rice, and oat buckets under it's large seater.  We babysat last weekend for a friend and guess what?  We needed the bench for seating.  The first dyi project had been ripped off and it no longer had the fun microfiber cloth over it to make it pretty and soft.  So I decided to do the next project.  Liquid nails, and some tile that needed a new home from the garage.  I had a fun time putting the tile on while Peter and Ellie were napping.  I really like how it turned out and can't wait to put quarter round wood along the edge of the tile to give it a finished look.  The bench now enjoys lots of cute little bottoms on it, and is easier to clean! And moving it behind the table meant room for our awesome KSL find.  :)

I must add a side note on the awesome find, Marc is a mean haggler.  I was worried we weren't going to get it because he was haggling so low.  But we got it for less than half of what they offered it for.  Yup true story!




No comments:

Post a Comment