A girl in my Sunday school class had her b-day yesterday. They had a crazy day and I decided to help out by making a b-day cake for her. My good friend Briana came over after I had baked the cake. She helped me frost and decorate the cake. I learned yesterday how to make fun little star flowers. It was fun using tips and playing with frosting! We had little white balls and put them in the 3 flowers on top of the cake. Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. And if you've never done it before, but want to try to make flowers... go for it. I used parchment paper to play on. My friend Briana did the flowers on this cake.
After Marc left to take the cake to Ariel, I tried the flowers and put them on this extra cake we had made. I also had lots of frosting left so I put x and o's all over the side of the cake. Anyway... it was tasty and I think the kids were super excited to have Birthday cake. They sing Happy Birthday to each other everyday and ask me who's birthday it is. Anyway... learn something new this week!
I can't tell if you did this from the picture, but you can even just put a small dot of icing in the middle of the flower (at least that's how my mom always did it.) They turned out amazing though! Can I come steal a slice? (haha)
ReplyDelete