Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Inspirational Monday... a day late again!

Hi all!  I had wanted to post this yesterday, but I was cuddling with my hubby and watching Miss Potter.  It's a great movie about the authoress of Peter Rabbit.  Good one to watch if you haven't!  Anyway... I loved this idea.  The big one is from the Ikea as is section.  She found a frame she liked and painted it.  Then with a ruler and a sharpie she drew on the backside the lines.  Then she used vinyl letters for the words.  *Note you need to cut them out backwards because it will be on the backside of the frame.  Look here for the full tutorial.   Then the second one the smaller one she found a frame kicking around and then painted and sanded it.  She did the sharpie and then used burlap as a background.  Then above the little weekly chart she used vinyl and cut out "our busy family. click here for the full thing. I love it!  When we get a house (hopefully in the not too far distant future, maybe Santa will bring me one this year) I will definitely use one of my frames that are just kicking around and get decorating one just like this.  Especially to write down my weekly menu.  Anyway... stay tuned later today for a super tasty treat!
Here is the Ikea as is frame.

And then the frame kicking around the house.
Super cute ideas from one of my favorite web sites!  Check out her other stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment